
So often I find that my clients speak to me about all the things that they are doing "wrong" in their diets...I ate a piece of chocolate, I had too big a portion, I ate carbs when I shouldn't have...etc. I keep my heart open and listen as they pour their hearts out about all their food 'failures'. And when they are done, I reach over and give them a big ole hug. This is not about perfection. I can promise you that where your focus is, is what you will manifest. What do I mean by that...if you are constantly tell yourself that you are emotional eater, and that you snack when you are in a bad mood (and associate guilt to that) you are allowing yourself the permission to do it.
Instead, try rewarding yourself. Fill your pantry with colourful fruits and vegetables and munch on them. Have sugar cravings?...eat dried fruit or frozen grapes. So you had chocolate cake after dinner...be proud of yourself for not having the second piece that you wanted. Be proud that you bought the brown rice over the white. Small accomplishments every day = big accomplishments over time.
But if I can give you one piece of advice it is NOT to have a goal of weight loss, or weight gain. Do NOT commit yourself to becoming a 'raw foodist' and forgo all cooked foods. Do NOT give up all sugar, or go on a cabbage cleanse. Instead I suggest that you commit to your health...commit to building a healthy body and MAKE YOUR HEALTH YOUR PRIORITY!! Once you begin to be selfish with your health, and become proud of your body, you will see incredible changes. This journey is not about being perfect, it is about living life to the fullest...with vigour, endless energy, and joy!! Start living baby. I suggest you start with this killer recipe below. Your taste buds will thank you.
Eat well, live well.
God bless you all xoxo
I have created a new a recipe that will keep the MMS crew busy...vanilla chai coconut macaroons! To all the volunteers at the April programs...you can thank me later ;)
Vanilla Chai Coconut Macaroons (A Dave Lanyon Special)
Servings: 12-14 small macaroons
Ingredients:
1 cup cashews
1 cup + 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
4 tbsp honey or maple syrup
2 tsp lucuma powder
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla chai spice sugar*
pinch of salt
(for the vanilla chai spice sugar, combine the following ingredients in a coffee grinder, then combine with your favorite dry sweetener (sucanat or raw cane sugar or a pinch of stevia. You can also omit the sweetener, and just use the spice directly in the recipe):
½ inch vanilla bean, pod and seeds or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 -8 cardamom pods, seeds only, hull removed
2 points of star anise, pod and seeds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves, or 2 whole
12 coriander seeds
few grinds of nutmeg
Preparation:
Process all ingredients except for the 1/4 shredded coconut together in a food processor. Chill mixture in fridge for at least an hour. Add in the 1/4 cup shredded coconut. Using an ice cream scoop, press mixture to make circular macaroon shape. Sprinkle extra vanilla chai spice sugar on top of each macaroon. Dehydrate for 4 - 5 hours or until macaroons are molded and 'dry' (check in on them periodically to make sure they haven't dried out 'too much'. Less dehydration time will yield a softer, moister 'cookie'). Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment